3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 12:18 PM by Éric Vaillancourt

Email 2.0 hyperlink color

Amy Connor

Our corporate style guide specifies a particular hex color for hyperlinks. It's very annoying to edit the color of individual hyperlinks, which I have been doing with emails built on 1.0 templates. We're creating new 2.0 templates, and I'm wondering if there is a way to set hyperlink color as a global variable. Our web developer doesn't think this is possible, but I swear we were able to do it at my old company. Anything above basic HTML is out of my wheelhouse, so I was hoping the Nation could provide some insight!

• Re: Email 2.0 hyperlink color
          Ravi Ansal

Hi Amy,

Yes it is doable. All you have to do is create a class in your stylesheet/CSS and put the default style there.

And call the same class in your link tag.

I am not why your web developer thinks it is not possible but could be because of some template structure.

Hope this helps.

Ravi Ansal

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: Email 2.0 hyperlink color
            Arun Sharma

Hi Amy,

This is on top of Ravi's reply, it can be done using css classes, but you will see that style in Marketo editor and some of the email clients, but to make sure the hyperlink color is rendered across all email clients, you have to add the hyperlink color inline to the element e.g.

<a href="<link>" style="color:#<color code>">your link</a>

Thanks,

Arun Sharma