Date entered a campaign?

Yifat_Danieli
Level 3

Date entered a campaign?

Is there a way to see a date a lead entered a campaign as a field? (without preparing it in advance, that is).

I want to create a smart list specifying members of campaigns and then be able to see when each entered to that campaign (or program).

I can see it only in the log (shows next to the campaign in the "Date/Time" column , but I want to be able to sort by it in reports...

Many thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Date entered a campaign?

Sure, just create a Datetime field "Entered Campaign Date" and then stamp that early in the flow. Done that alot with Nurture or Lifecycle Entry/Exits.

Quite honestly, I've never used this field on any non Lifecycle analysis. What are you trying to do?

Yifat_Danieli
Level 3

Thanks Josh, but I need this to happen retroactively... what we actaully wanted is to build a scoring demo before we change it and we wanted to see how what happened to the leads in our scorin campaigns in a specific time frame... I coudn't find any report doing that but I can see that in the log...

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to update it retroactively you could use the Activity API to poll all the "Request Campaign" activities and upload this data back to a custom field in Marketo.

Yifat_Danieli
Level 3

Sounds interesting Yanir! Can you be more specific what I need to do to achieve that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yifat Danieli

You can run a smart campaign that adds all leads that entered your smart campaign at some point into a static list.

Then, use the Get Lead Activities​ API, filter by the static listId and activityTypeId = 47 (Request Campaign).

This will poll a list of all the smart campaigns that touched people in your list.

You'd now want to remove all the irrelevant static list and you'll have a list of Requested Campaign activities that relevant to your smart campaign.

One of the parameters in the response is activityDate, you can now generate a CSV file, indexed by the lead ID and upload it back to MKTO.

Shoot me an email if you need assistance with that, I've done similar projects for some companies I work with.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yanir, tracking Request Campaign won't suffice for this case. That activity only covers the literal Request Campaign method. That's not the only way someone becomes a member of a Campaign (not by a long shot).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. I think the alternative here might be to track back the filter and flow actions in the original smart campaign and filter the activities based on that.

For example, if the original campaign is triggered by any form submission and sends a specific email then export all the "Fill Out Form" (2) and "Send Email" (6) activities for people in the static list from my previous comment.

Then if there's a correct sequence of those activities we can assume it was the original smart campaign that triggered them that day.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

I have the same question as Yifat and this would work, however, Marketo only keeps the type of data I need (Data Value Changed = Lifecycle Status Constraint: New Value: MQL) for 90 days.