SOLVED

Importing Templates from Sandbox

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing Templates from Sandbox

Hi everyone,

As a part of the sing off process all our users create their Marketing programs in Sandbox and once is validated they can proceed to Import into Production.

The problems now lies when every time someone import their programs to production a new template is created and now we've dozens of LP and Email templates versions.

We've been explaining to them to use the default conflict rules to use the destination template. However we still need to sort this mess out.

Any suggestion how can I fix this? Is there a way I can merge all those templates ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Importing Templates from Sandbox

Hi Diego,

No, there is no way to prevent this and this as it is entirely left to user's discipline. And no way to automate the cleansing.

This is one of the reason why if you have workspaces and partitions, it's better to use a distinct workspace for program template creation and testing as you can clone from a workspace to another without this issue.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

create the right template first in Production or pass it over?

While I admire the process for this type of QA, is it really necessary? You can block most people from launching a bad campaign or do most of this work within the production instance at minimal risk.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I know this is not ideal by all mean, and is rather inefficient . but somehow it helps us to evaluate what is really needed in production. We have many issues when campaing testing when to wrong people and so on.  But i'm agreed we need to review this process

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Diego,

No, there is no way to prevent this and this as it is entirely left to user's discipline. And no way to automate the cleansing.

This is one of the reason why if you have workspaces and partitions, it's better to use a distinct workspace for program template creation and testing as you can clone from a workspace to another without this issue.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Greg,

It's actually a great Idea to move all the clean templates to a different partition so they don't get all mixed up.

Good tip!

Diego