4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2017 9:42 PM by Danny Botterill

SPF Record

Danny Botterill

Hello,

I am setting up the IT protocols for Marketo.

I have successfully added the DKIM record and it is showing as verified.

Capture.PNG

There seems to be an issue with the SPF record:

Any ideas what the issue may be? I have followed the instructions and added the mktomail.com line:

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com a:smtpout1.metawerx.net a:mktomail.com ip4:203.89.217.25 ip4:23.101.230.0 ip4:191.239.185.245 -all

• Re: SPF Record
          Sanford Whiteman

If you're not paying for Marketo's branded sender add-on, you don't need to add anything to your SPF.

You incorrectly added an a: mechanism instead of include:, but again, you likely don't need to add anything and can easily break your record by including Marketo's. See my posts at http://blog.teknkl.com/tag/spf

• Re: SPF Record
              Danny Botterill

Hello!

Thanks so much for your response, it is really appreciated.

We are launch pack customers and Marketo sent us the setup steps including IT protocol. I have been working through this list assuming all tasks are to be completed. It is frustrating that the SPF task isn't relevant to us and could have caused issues. I have now requested this be removed from SPF record.

For companies that have not paid for sender add-on does the SPF status always show 'pending configuration'?

Am I correct in thinking that the DKIM task is ok to leave as that is showing as verified in Marketo.

Kind regards,