SOLVED

Marketo Reverses Lead Score Changes Made by SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Reverses Lead Score Changes Made by SFDC

We are trying to make Lead Score corrections to a group of leads by doing a data update list import into SFDC with the corrected Score values. This does not work because Marketo reverses the change upon the next sync. So I'm testing manually by simply changing the score for one lead in SFDC. At the next sync, Marketo changes it back. Note that updates to this field are NOT blocked in Marketo Admin. And in any case, Marketo reverses the change even if the field is NULL and changed to a non-NULL value.

Note this is the new Score field with the API name: mkto71_Lead_Score__c.

We can work around this by importing most of the list into Marketo instead of SFDC - but we have several hundred Contacts with no email address, so we can't use that workaround with them.

I have logged a support ticket with Marketo on this but haven't made progress yet and wondered if anyone in the community had any ideas.

Thank you!

Denise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Marketo Reverses Lead Score Changes Made by SFDC

Hi Denise,

A couple of versions ago, Marketo fixed what they called a bug that authorized SFDC to update score fields. Since then, Score fields can no longer be updated by SFDC. Many people used this possibility to compute behavior + demographic and send it back to Marketo. This no longer works.

So what we are doing now is creating a new formula field in SFDC, which value is set to demo + behavior. This field is synch'ed as an INTEGER field in Marketo (do not make it a score), then we set up a smart campaign that copies any value change of that field to the main score field.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you resetting the scores, or setting them all to a certain score?

Try putting desired contacts into a salesforce campaign, you can do that from the contacts report.

Then in Marketo, use "member of SFDC campaign" as the smart list, then the flow step is set score to XX or change score by XX.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are setting them all to a specific score that varies with each individual. So a campaign would be onerous to set up. Thanks though!

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Oh I see.

So other options would be the marketo dataloader tool, which you can find in LaunchPoint.

Or you can create another field in Salesforce and set that to the correct score.

And then run a campaign in Marketo that says if Lead score is not equal to new lead score then set lead score as new lead score. You can then use that orphaned field for quick trouble shooting later.

Just ideas, I'm sure others have additional ways this can be done. Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent idea to use the temp field in SFDC and then copy the value, Darrell! Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denise,

A couple of versions ago, Marketo fixed what they called a bug that authorized SFDC to update score fields. Since then, Score fields can no longer be updated by SFDC. Many people used this possibility to compute behavior + demographic and send it back to Marketo. This no longer works.

So what we are doing now is creating a new formula field in SFDC, which value is set to demo + behavior. This field is synch'ed as an INTEGER field in Marketo (do not make it a score), then we set up a smart campaign that copies any value change of that field to the main score field.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Than you!!!!

Now that you mention it, I remember reading about this on the Community on a thread or threads where you were a participant. I had completely forgotten about it.

Also, I'll inform Marketo Support.

Thanks again!

Denise