Email Marketing Specialist
Location: Somerville, MA
Paint Nite is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing team. Your responsibilities will include running comprehensive email marketing campaigns end-to-end, managing large email databases, and managing performance and deliverability of all email programs. This position requires someone with experience in all facets of email marketing: deliverability, spam and privacy laws, database health, segmentation practices, optimizations, and email metrics/performance. If you are data-driven, with a proven track record of using email marketing to drive customer acquisition and increase engagement, we should talk!
Lead the company's email marketing initiatives, maximizing revenue opportunities from Paint Nite’s / Plant Nite’s CRM and customer databases.
Manage comprehensive email marketing calendars across multiple products and customer segments.
Own the execution of all company emails including coding, testing, rendering, QA, and safe delivery.
Partner closely with internal stakeholders (sales, customer service, licensing, web development, analytics) to ensure alignment and optimal performance of email programs.
Manage integration between ESP and other marketing automation platforms.
Develop segmentation strategies that enhance customer engagement and responsiveness.
Develop a “test and learn” calendar to continuously improve campaign performance.
Manage relationship with ESP to ensure optimal usage of system functionality.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience managing an email marketing program.
- Demonstrated experience in working with large data sets, including drawing effective conclusions and actionable insights.
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one ESP.
- Understanding of triggered emails and customer segmentation strategy.
- Knowledge of email marketing “best practices.”
- Experience in developing email programs for different parts of the consumer funnel.
- Exceptional marketing project management skills (across multiple marketing communications disciplines).
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with Marketo or Silverpop.
- Experience with other marketing automation platforms.
- Experience with SQL.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
You should encompass our Core Values:
- You’re curious to a fault.
- Your energy comes from delivering great outcomes.
- You’re comfortable doing a little bit of everything.
- Your friends describe you as tenacious, agile, fun, and adaptable.