Multiple send email performance report

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple send email performance report

I had to create a batch campaign that sends an initial email, and then if the email hasn't been opened for one week, it resends  the same email again. Then, in one week, if the email hasn't been opened, it resends it again. One week later it resends it the 3rd time to non-opens.

I wonder how to create a report in Analytics for each of these sends. Each report has to show the metrics applicable to each of these 4 sends so that we could compare the Open and Click to Open rates between them.

I tried to create such reports but the open and click rates shown are cumulative for all dates included in the smart list, because I believe the metrics in report are applicable to the email itself (which was the same in each of these 4 sends) and not to the flow steps in the campaigns. Is there a better way to generate such a report?

6 REPLIES 6
Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

Re: Multiple send email performance report

Hey Olga,

Create 4 separate email performance reports, 1 for each email deployment.  Under the setup tab you can specify the exact date of the email that you want to track was deployed.  This should isolate the sends, opens and clicks for each of your 4 deployments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joseph, i tried that but it didn't work. The 1st report based on the initial date was showing all the results, however the 2nd, 3rd and the 4th reports based on the subsequent dates were empty . I wonder if this has to do with the fact that this campaign was using a "Request Campaign" flow step. We have some records in our database who have the same email address but a different client ID and to make sure that each client gets a copyof the email, we use Request Campaign flow step to run this send via a Triggered Campaign.

Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

Where does the trigger come in?  Do you request a new campaign after each deployment?

If that isn't working you could clone the asset 3 times so that you have V1, V2, V3, and V4.  You could then have 1 report to capture the stats for all 4 versions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the same Triggered Campaign that is requested again every week if the email hasn't been opened. And yes, it's requested after each deployment.

Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

Gotcha.  Well then, as I mentioned earlier, it is probably best to create 4 separate emails so that you get all your reporting in order.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I would have 3 different emails. Even though they may consist of the same content, you can edit content/subject lines if needed. The benefit then is you could then have the report stats show the difference in open/clicks for each specific email.

Does that help?

D