SOLVED

Bulk API: extracting activities job stuck in Queued status

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bulk API: extracting activities job stuck in Queued status

I submitted a bulk API request for retrieving activities 2 days ago. However the status is stuck in "Queued". What should I expect in terms of the processing time, e.g. when it will move from "Queued" to "Processing" and how long the processing itself will take?

Here is a sample curl. You can see it has been 2 days since the job get queued:

$ curl -X GET $MKTO_URL/bulk/v1/activities/export.json -H "authorization: Bearer $MKTO_TOKEN"

{"requestId":"4448#15cc225567f","result":[{"exportId":"e0277059-d03e-4c1c-8546-941632cfce2b","format":"CSV","status":"Queued","createdAt":"2017-06-17T10:03:09Z","queuedAt":"2017-06-17T10:05:28Z"}],"success":true}

$ date -u

Mon Jun 19 21:00:45 UTC 2017

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Bulk API: extracting activities job stuck in Queued status

We believe the queued->processing issue has been resolved.  Jobs which were stuck in queued should be getting picked up into processing now.  There's a few other failure types we're seeing and investigating though.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Can I assume that you don't also have a bunch of Bulk Leads Jobs queued as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. This job is the only job that I queued.

$ curl -X GET $MKTO_URL/bulk/v1/leads/export.json -H "authorization: Bearer $MKTO_TOKEN"

{"requestId":"5be3#15cc26d63fd","result":[],"success":true}

$ curl -X GET $MKTO_URL/bulk/v1/activities/export.json -H "authorization: Bearer $MKTO_TOKEN"

{"requestId":"45f9#15cc26d3f5d","result":[{"exportId":"e0277059-d03e-4c1c-8546-941632cfce2b","format":"CSV","status":"Queued","createdAt":"2017-06-17T10:03:09Z","queuedAt":"2017-06-17T10:05:28Z"}],"success":true}

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

In that case, I would encourage you to file a support ticket with the details.  Can you get any new jobs to start processing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitted another activity job with a different time range and a lead job, both are in "Queued" status after 6 hours. Gonna contact support tomorrow morning. Thank you for the help!

Kurt_Koller
Level 4

Hi Kenny,

We are seeing this on multiple Marketo instances. As a point of fact, we have not seen a single bulk lead request change to Processing on any instance we've tried it on.

Let me know if you need any additional information from us, I didn't include any because this appears to be systemic and not a bug around a specific request.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue here as well. Let me know if you happen to hear back from support

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also having the same issue.  Interested to hear what you find.

Alec_Dibble
Level 1

We are also seeing the same issue. Enqueued 2 jobs yesterday afternoon and they are still in the "Queued" state.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

We've got an engineering escalation open now and are looking into the issue.