5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 12:21 PM by Lynn Ray Pardo

Next Austin MUG Meeting?

Juli James

Hi,

I've seen that two new people have taken over the Austin MUG and I was just wondering when the next event would be?

Thanks

Juli

• Re: Next Austin MUG Meeting?
          Anthony Figgins

Hey Juli,

Yes we have new group leaders. I am Anthony and have the pleasure of being one of them. Karen and I met this morning and started the planning of our next user group meeting. As we are new and want to get the group involved, we will be posting a few surveys or polls to see what works for most (time, days, locations, topics, etc.).

Just as a preview, we are looking to have one scheduled for July or August depending on how a few ideas pan out.

Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas. We want to have some fun getting to know everyone and build the best MUG around.

Cheers,

Anthony Figgins

Juli James

Hi Anthony,

That's great news!  I really look forward to the next meeting and more in the future.  I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks

Juli

Lynn Ray Pardo

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for taking this on.

First half of July would be great for me to participate in person.

Stop me if this is crazy - but would it be possible to live stream a MUG

meeting? Or possibly have a pseudo webinar, even if it's just a recorded

"webinar" of the meeting for folks who can't break away to attend live?

It's not my intention to make your work more complicated  - just dreaming

big  here - just in case one of our members is already setup to do such a

thing.

Regards,

Lynn

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Anthony Figgins <

Anthony Figgins

I would love to get to a point to be able to have webinar style events so more people are able to attend. As we build it up I think this is something we can consider.

To be 100% transparent, I am looking to have our get togethers to be more around learning and seeing what others are doing. I want everyone to walk away from these events with learning something new and possibly having some questions answered for some projects you’re working on. I would look to have a good portion be dedicated to one of our members show casing a project they are working on or have completed.

In this Model, I could see value in having that portion being recorded and sent to the entire group. I have some ideas on how to do this and will work with Karen on seeing how we can implement this.

As we grow in attendance and demand, I would love to do a few things to get more interaction and more involvement from each of you. I learn far more when I work with others than when I work in a silo. That is the environment I am looking to create in this group.

Great ideas and keep them coming. The more I know what each of you want, the better we can make our group.

-AF

2 of 2 people found this helpful