AnsweredAssumed Answered

Clear UTM source field?

Question asked by d410953c7afc7c66272974fe5b91d79ba062cf2f on Jun 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 by Sanford Whiteman

We have a field in marketo for "utm_source" to track when people come in from Social vs emails vs newsletters, etc. and then put them in different sfdc campaigns, etc.

And we have multiple smart campaigns with varying flows which are triggered on form fill out and 'utm_source' being a certain value (Social, email, etc). Then I have a catch-all smart campaign for when people fill out the form without a utm source in the url, this one is triggered based on them NOT having one of the preset utm sources. (form fill + utm_source IT NOT Social, Email, Sponsored Newsletter, etc)

My concern is I don’t want people who have previously come in through a certain source to incorrectly go through the wrong flow in the future if they come in through a page without a source parameter in the url. (They should go into the catch-all for that, but will incorrectly go through social,etc since they were previously tagged as such)

My question is, should I have a campaign that goes through and clears 'utm_source' regularly (nightly)?

Is there a better way to be doing this?

Thanks

Outcomes