There are extensive forum discussions on this topic. I believe there are some newer docs or University items, but you are right it's not discussed in detail. Each company does this a bit differently.
3 of 3 people found this helpful
More globally, it's how you track attribution to any inbound ad or retargeting campaign. It starts with being able to provide Marketo with the origin of the trafic and will ususally be done using UTM parameters. Then you will need to capture this data, with the munchkin API or through forms (or both). Read Courtney Grimes excellent posts here:
- Integrating Google Analytics with Marketo
- Google Analytics and Marketo: Events and Forms and APIs, Oh My!
Finally, you also will have to address how you want to store and leverage that information in Marketo. Read Josh Hill work on this. Start here: A Marketing Attribution Model that Works for Marketing Automation | Perkuto
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I recently set up tracking campaigns in Maketo and CRM.
I followed these steps-
1. Create UTM fields in SFDC on Leads and Contact objects
2. Add UTM field in form and get value from URL parameters
3. Create url with specific utm values for example utm_medium=paidsearch
I followed these articles UTM Tracking & Marketo – Part Deux