Member Status in SFDC is not same as Program Status in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Member Status in SFDC is not same as Program Status in Marketo

Hi

I am facing an issue with member status in SFDC campaigns. Status is changing in Salesforce based on the tag values and again changing back to the previous status.

For example:

1. Send email(Batch filter Campaign)> Program Status> Send;> SFDC Status> Send

2. Open Email (Trigger Campaign)>Program Status> open email;> SFDC Status> Open email

3. Viewed eBook(Trigger Campaign)>Program Status> viewed eBook;> SFDC Status> Viewed ebook

Opened email and Viewed eBook are success with respective tag values: 20 and 30 and send is not a success

Now the problem is member status are changing from send> viewed ebook and back to send in SFDC but in marketo statuses are fine.

I am working with support but could not find any solution for that. I am looking forward to the community for any helpful solution to try.

Thanks,

Vipula

6 REPLIES 6
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Member Status in SFDC is not same as Program Status in Marketo

Seems a bit weird as the program status' should be syncing meaning the error would be copying back to Marketo. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are right. It's bit weird.  Here is the detail At 11:29 email is sent. Lead opened email immediately and clicked the link at 11:29 AM.

So At 11:29 AM Old Status = Empty and New Status in SFDC =Viewed eBook;

At 11:30 AM Old Status = Viewed eBook and New Status changed to Send Email in SFDC.

So In my reporting, I don't see the lead as viewed eBook but as Sent email Status.

Tag value for send email status is way less then Viewed eBook status

I want to double check my process of setting up the program as support suggested me to make it simple.

I am running a batch filter campaign to send an email and change the member status to send in the flow.

One trigger campaigns to change the member status to Open if member opens my email

2-3 trigger based on the links in the email to change the status of the member if they click any link in the email. For example, if I have 2 links in the email then I will create 2 separate trigger campaigns to change the program status and member status in SFDC.

Is this too complicated? If Yes what is the approach you are following?

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Vipula,

Can you double check the Campaign Member Statuses of your Campaign in SFDC (using the Advanced Setup button)? If the statuses do not match the Program Statuses exactly, I have seen this type of behavior.

Lauren

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the tags are same in SFDC and Marketo.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I think I see an issue here. When Lauren says check the statuses, she means check that ALL your campaign statuses match ALL your program statuses. It can't just be the ones you've highlighted. Every single status must match in both the channel and the SFDC campaign. If they're different it can cause weird behaviour or stop the sync working altogether.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Veronica. I will check the tags.

On another note what is the best practice to sync SFDC Campaign to MKTO program?

Option 1: In the program summary pastedImage_0.png

Option 2: In the flow

I am usually doing it in the flow. Does it make any difference?

Thanks again.

Vipula