AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marketing analytics/metrics newbie seeking advice

Question asked by 357c9ab0415f6d8befe46cf40f36321d693f67b6 on Jun 2, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 by Darrell Alfonso

Hi everyone!

Our SaaS company is 5 years old and we're at a stage now where we need more robust marketing metrics/analytics to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives and their impact on sales/revenue and help us make informed decisions. Right now the only metrics we're tracking consistently are Engaged Leads and MQLs generated each month. 

After a few failed attempts at tracking funnel metrics, etc. in InsightSquared and Marketo using RCM (I set up our model several months ago but the data doesn't seem to be flowing correctly in our Success Path Analyzer), I'm basically starting over and seeking the best analytics model for our needs. First, by doing some research and thinking about our business objectives I'm brainstorming which metrics we need to track and why and how we can use the data from those metrics to make decisions, etc.

I'm planning to read Marketo's Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics & Analytics but it would also be super helpful to know:

1. Which marketing metrics/analytics do you report on regularly?
  2. Where do you pull your data from to report on those metrics (Marketo, your CRM, etc.)?
  3. What format/tool do you use for viewing/sharing your marketing metrics/reports (Marketo RCE/RCA, Marketo RCM, your CRM, Domo, Tableau, something 'home-grown' like an Excel spreadsheet, etc.)?

Thanks!

- Jamie

Outcomes