Issue with Visibility Rules and Hint Text

Matt_Cucuzza1
Level 2

Issue with Visibility Rules and Hint Text

Hi All,

I've made a form with visibility rules (Show State/Province if Country=United States or Canada) and the form is functioning properly with one exception: the hint text in the State/Province field is missing:

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.30.11 PM.png   Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.30.19 PM.png

But the rules appear to be set up correctly:

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.29.54 PM.png

Does anyone have any ideas why the hint text would not be showing? The states and provinces are all there and everything works fine - it's just strange to see an empty field.

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Issue with Visibility Rules and Hint Text

Please move the thread to Products to continue.

Matt_Cucuzza1
Level 2

Done. I'd like to point out that the two options really don't make sense. Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'd like to point out that the two options really don't make sense.

I don't disagree (nothing would be lost by having the names be clearer, like "Peer-to-Peer Marketo Product Support" vs. "General Marketing Discush (not Marketo-specific)" but we have to keep it organized.

In any case, this is a known forms quirk. Fix it with this little bit of JS: MktoForms2 :: VRs and Select

Nadine_Regan1
Level 2

Hey Sanford,

I am having the same issue as Matt. I've tried adding your JS code you mentioned above but it doesn't seem to work for some reason. I added the <script> tag around it and replaced it with our form info but I can't get it to work. The country field still shows no default value.

Here's the JS I used:

<script>

MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sj07.marketo.com", "053-MXJ-131", 11203);

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form) {

var formEl = form.getFormElem()[0],

selectEls = formEl.querySelectorAll('SELECT');

[].forEach.call(selectEls,function(select){

select.setAttribute('data-default-visible','')

});

MktoForms2.whenRendered(function(form) {

var newSelectEls = formEl.querySelectorAll('SELECT:not([data-default-visible])');

[].forEach.call(newSelectEls, function(select) {

var phOption = select.querySelector('OPTION[value=""]');

phOption.textContent = formEl.querySelector('LABEL[for="' + select.id + '"]').lastChild.textContent;

});

});

});

</script>

Is there anything else I am missing? Any possibility the dev team can fix this in an upcoming release?