Overview TwentyEighty Strategy Execution is a recognized leader of performance education solutions. We deliver curriculum that focuses on developing leadership and execution skills so individuals and organizations can more strategically execute on corporate objectives through improved project based execution. Our goal is to build an organization of smart, ambitious people committed to our mission and focused on winning, but able to balance this with a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle.
The Marketing Operations Lead positon supports the day-to-day management and use of the Marketing Automation System (Marketo). Reporting to the Marketing Operations Manager, this role is aligned to strategic and tactical support of the global marketing (demand generation) initiative.
The Marketing Operations Lead will maximize usage of Marketo functionality to optimize marketing programs and correctly track lead interactions across marketing channels, implement system governance across global users, and align data and processes to closed-loop reporting.
A successful candidate must be a marketing technologist with a strong understanding of marketing tactics and the ability to leverage marketing technologies to execute and report on marketing initiatives. Ability to collaborate within the organization (IT, global marketing and sales) and outside (Marketo, marketing consultants, marketing technology vendors) is required for this role.
Day-to-day work in global Marketing Automation System:
- Scope, create, and test global nurture programs with Marketing Operations manager that align content offers to the buyer’s journey
- Work with marketing leaders to define cross-channel marketing initiatives aligned to global demand generation strategy and align Marketo programs to meet defined goals
- Independently build, test, and launch programs
Global Governance and Support:
- Support Strategy Execution’s global offices in day-to-day use of Marketo
- Ensure global office continue to progress in system usage, highlighting best practices, new features and creative ways to market to their audience
- Assist in the creation and delivery of how-to documentation and user training
- Contact when users are having trouble using Marketo efficiently or correctly (how to build a program, how to create a Smart List)
- Training of new marketing team members on Marketo
- Support Marketing Operations Manager in aligning with marketing to drive and execute the Marketo and system strategies associated with projects like website redesigns, brand changes, and new product releases
- Work with IT and Operations teams on data and process-related projects (particularly around the integration between Marketo and Salesforce.com)
- Support the evaluation and implementation of integrations between Marketo and other marketing technologies
- Keep up with key marketing automation industry best practices and identify ways to best leverage trends to support marketing initiatives
Data and Reporting:
- Manage Marketo database through data standards and governance and executing data maintenance and cleansing
- Generate reports in Marketo and Salesforce.com to identify trends and benchmark and track progress of global marketing efforts
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
2-4 years of work experience in the marketing systems/operations field
2-4 years of experience working in Marketo required (Marketo certification a plus)
Ability to build and execute Marketo programs
Familiarity with Salesforce.com and the integration between Salesforce.com and Marketo
Must have strong attention to detail
Understanding of varying global needs from one system in order to meet support, training and troubleshooting needs
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to translate technical issues to a non-technical audience (and vice versa)
Understanding of marketing strategies, processes and analytics
Knowledge of HTML a plus
Knowledge of demand generation a plus
Must have ability to work in a fast paced environment, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines