1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2017 9:00 AM by Jessica Cross

Best Practise on Direct Mail program

Rodolfo Yiu

Hi all,

I'm setting up Direct Mail program and I'm curious to know how other community members are managing this from a setup angle.

Like other gated content programs, I have set up a Global program and a DM program. DM program is each tactic/project we execute with various emails/CTA, so we can measure that specifically. For the Global program, I'm putting everyone who received the direct mail from various DM programs into the Global program so we can prevent sending them the same direct mail twice.

Questions:

- How do you manage customer giveaway from a Marketing standpoint? just having a list can change Global program status there?

- How do you manage Sales giveaway? Once we sync the Global or DM program to SFDC, can Sales use Sales campaign to add Leads/Contact into the Global program? Or do I need to create specific programs in Marketo for Sales giveaway? (The trade-off of this is we have two program rows in the Campaign History in SFDC)

Any feedback and sharing are welcomed!

Rodolfo

• Re: Best Practise on Direct Mail program
          Jessica Cross

We leverage PFL for our north american direct mail campaigns.  This allows use to automatically trigger the sending of different "kits" to our prospects and customers.  Each direct mail program has logic in the smart campaign that says a person can flow through only once so we only send one kit per person.

Here is a sample of the program set up for Direct mail, the components are smart list of candidates, static list of candidates, a SC to send the kit, a SC to listen for the delivery, a static list to record everyone that actually received the kit, and lastly a sales alert to let the person owner know a kit was delivered and to follow up.

I set up the smart list to correlate to a campaign of the same name in salesforce.  The idea being that either I or a saleser can add a contact to the campaign. Then I have the smart campaign of "Trigger to PFL" set up to listen for the trigger "Added to Salesforce Campaign" and in the flow I request a webhook that sends the info over to PFL so they can ship a kit.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 2.05.33 PM.png

The direct mail program has it's own channel tag and we mark the deliveries as "Responded (Not Opted In)" as we don't automatically subscribe them to our emails.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 2.08.36 PM.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful