2 of 2 people found this helpful
You probably need to look a little deeper before making a decision to discard leads (which cannot be undone) and split your non marketable leads between various categories:
- Email invalid = true who belong to suit spot accounts or customers. Send them to the sales (add them in an SFDC campaign for instance) so that the sales requalify them.
- Email invalid = True who do not really matter. You can discard them.
- Unsubscribed = true. unless you really need to reduce the size of your database, keep them. They may come back and change their mind
- Marketing suspended = true. How many do you have? Why are they suspended
- Black Listed. If you delete them, Marketo will forget about black listing and will consider them as acceptable leads.
You can delete them in Marketo and keep them in SFDC. There are 2 risks
- someone updates them in SFDC, which sends them back to Marketo. But the potential informations about invalid emails, unless you have made sure that the info is posted to SFDC (you will need proxy fields for this). and these will be targeted in the next campaigns, which is never good for sender point reputation.
- is a little risk that the lead comes back on a form and fills it out. As Marketo does not know this person, the lead will be created as New in Marketo, then sent to SFDC creating a duplicate there.
Wow thanks greg.
We have several millions of record but I our database were really messy.
Most of our records came from eloqua
Heres our database segmentation percentage vs all leads
All leads 100.00% Unsubscribes (total all time) - Unsubscribed Leads 43.98% Bounced email addresses 4.98% Marketing suspend 2.55% Blacklist 0.32% Dead base - no activity 180 days 43.62% Emailable, active base, 180 days 16.89% Full exclude list, 180 days 83.11% Possible Duplicate 21.53% No Acquisition Program 89.67%
Then you key problem is the unsubs that have been imported from Eloqua.
Marketo has a feature called durable unsubscribe that makes sure that it will remember these email addresses will remain unsubscribed even if you delete them from Marketo. So I would consider deleting some of them, especially the ones that are also "dead base".