SOLVED

New Salesforce Field Not Syncing correctly

Go to solution
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

New Salesforce Field Not Syncing correctly

My Sales Ops team created a new field in the the salesforce opportunity. The field is "number of quotes", which counts the number of quotes associated with the opportunity. The new field populated the number of quotes and is accurate in Salesforce.

I now have this field in my marketo instance. But it isn't synching correctly. I read in the docs that for a field that already has data in salesforce, " If the field already has values in Salesforce, those values don't sync over to Marketo until the next record update."

How can i manually update these records so the field is accurate?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: New Salesforce Field Not Syncing correctly

create a smart list of the leads you want to sync, then run a batch on Sync Lead to SFDC.

But be careful on the counts. It could be very slow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

create a smart list of the leads you want to sync, then run a batch on Sync Lead to SFDC.

But be careful on the counts. It could be very slow.

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Josh, Thanks for the response. How does this work if i don't want to reassign the leads to people? Also, this won't create duplicate records or change lead status will it?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Paul,

it's not about changing anything in records, just forcing a sync between SFDC and Marketo so that the new value is being sent to Marketo. Since the sync is incremental, it will only happen for records that have been update on one side or another.

In this case, we are talking about accounts, so the only way to have them updated is from SFDC to Marketo.

We usually create a dedicated text field in SFDC and we call it "force update". When we want to force an update, we update that field (setting any value, it does not matter) for all the relevant records (we do this using SFDC data loader). This updates them, and consequently also propagate the values to Marketo.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Is there any other way instead of using SFDC data loader.

Can we do anything from Marketo for this type of updates to happen.

Please advise.

Regards,

Ravi.