SOLVED

Making SFDC Values the master values

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making SFDC Values the master values

This isn't a universal issue for all of our fields, but there are certain fields we have that exist inside of SFDC that we do not want Marketo to change. Occasionally, Marketo changes them and one of our SFDC admins have to manually change it back. Not a good look.

I've seen a few recommendations on the boards here to use the "Block Field Updates", but the wording of that process seems pretty clear:

pastedImage_0.png

It reads pretty clearly "Block Updates From..." the input sources. That reads to me that Marketo will still overwrite values in SFDC, but that if SFDC tries to update the value in Marketo it will be ignored. Thats not what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to make SFDC the master for populated field values in specific fields? Is it using the "Block Field Updates" process (it doesn't feel like that to me)? Is there another process? I've operated under the premise that, due to the dual-sync nature of Marketo, there wasn't much we could do for this. Looking for some feedback. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Making SFDC Values the master values

Hi Ross,

There is not easy process to do this in Marketo. You can use dummy fields to store SFDC values and put them back when a main field values are changed from another source than SFDC, but this is quite cumbersome and is now flawless.

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ross,

There is not easy process to do this in Marketo. You can use dummy fields to store SFDC values and put them back when a main field values are changed from another source than SFDC, but this is quite cumbersome and is now flawless.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I thought. Thanks, Greg.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

One thing you can do, though, is to block update from every source BUT SFDC. That will do the job normally.

Also, you may want to vote here: for getting more flexibility into this

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the bigger issue is the nature of the sync. Pardot, for example, allows you to pick which system should have the winning values if Pardot/SFDC have different field values. I understand their sync setups are different, but its a bummer that it isn't doable (at least now) with Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ross,

If you block update from all sources but SFDC, this will have the same effect as saying "Salesforce always wins", although it is not as clean, I concur

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose the devil is in the details. If the field is blank, would Marketo still populate that data? Because I would want it to.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes it would. "Block update" only apply when the field has a value.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting idea, Greg. Thanks!