SOLVED

Emails going to Junk Folder in Hotmail

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails going to Junk Folder in Hotmail

All of our emails are going to a Junk Folder in Hotmail accounts. Wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and how do you deal with that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emails going to Junk Folder in Hotmail

If you don't use a deliverability tool like Litmus I strongly recommend that you look into it.  Email Testing and Rendering Previews - Litmus   Yes it will cost a small amount of money but it is absolutely worth it!   Your emails going into the Junk Folder can happen for a wide variety of reasons.   I'd recommend looking more closely at your email deliverability rates in Marketo.   You should also do an analysis of people in your Marketo database with a email @hotmail.com -- run a report and do a spot check on deliverability error codes.    If you are seeing a lot of error code of 550-559 you maybe repeatedly sending to what appears to be a "bad email address" from a system perspective.  Marketo does offer some protection for this -- however, I don't know how many times Marketo will attempt to send to an address with 550 deliverability error code before it sees it as an undeliverable address.  I'd recommend logging a support ticket and have a conversation with Marketo support - and give them a copy of the report on hotmail accounts going to spam.  If you have hit a SPAM trap Marketo may be able to do to help you resolve any issue that could impact sender reputations.

Here is some info you may find helpful:  What Those SMTP Error Codes Mean and Why You Should Care | Getting Email Delivered

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't use a deliverability tool like Litmus I strongly recommend that you look into it.  Email Testing and Rendering Previews - Litmus   Yes it will cost a small amount of money but it is absolutely worth it!   Your emails going into the Junk Folder can happen for a wide variety of reasons.   I'd recommend looking more closely at your email deliverability rates in Marketo.   You should also do an analysis of people in your Marketo database with a email @hotmail.com -- run a report and do a spot check on deliverability error codes.    If you are seeing a lot of error code of 550-559 you maybe repeatedly sending to what appears to be a "bad email address" from a system perspective.  Marketo does offer some protection for this -- however, I don't know how many times Marketo will attempt to send to an address with 550 deliverability error code before it sees it as an undeliverable address.  I'd recommend logging a support ticket and have a conversation with Marketo support - and give them a copy of the report on hotmail accounts going to spam.  If you have hit a SPAM trap Marketo may be able to do to help you resolve any issue that could impact sender reputations.

Here is some info you may find helpful:  What Those SMTP Error Codes Mean and Why You Should Care | Getting Email Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Heidi, we'll give it a try.