This content has been marked as final. Show 16 replies
Trying to remember what we ended up doing, this happened to me about two years ago..what does the field permission look like for the api user?
Is it visible and read-only or just read-only? Try starting there.
Did you find a solution to your issue? We are currently facing a similar problem and we are stuck. We were told to check the field permissions for the Salesforce Sync user and to take a look at our SFDC workflows. Our SFDC admin took a look at both but couldn't figure it out.
Please let me know if you have luck on your end. Thanks!
Timothy, the field permission is read-only and visible for all SFDC user profiles. If you can remember how you solved it, I'd love to know so I can get this fixed!
Andrew, I haven't been able to get this resolved yet...SalesForce's support team is looking at it, but they haven't made any progress yet. I'm supposed to hear back from them today, and I'll post any progress/ideas/etc they have.
If the field is read-only, to my knowledge, you won't be able to edit the field. This causes SalesForce to block updates from Marketo and revert yoru lead back to subscribed.
Test this out and make sure you do this for your API user's profile.
Timothy is correct, if a field is read only to the API User the update will not occur. Did that fix the problem?
If not, do you have any other integrations with Salesforce? We had an issue where another vendor would update at midnight, reverting everything that was done throughout the day.
Ah! I bet that's what's happening!! I'll try it and let you know - thank you!!!!!
Joe, we do have a few other integrations with SalesForce, but none that should be updating that field.
....and Nope. The Marketo / SFDC user profile has read/write access to the Email Opt-out field.
When does the sync revert the unsubscribe, immediately or does time pass before it reverts? Does the change ever make it into Salesforce (could a workflow be triggering)?
We're in a similiar position. The user profile has read/write access to the opt out field. We looked into our workflows to see if that was the issue but it doesn't look like it is. It takes about 10-15 minutes for the SFDC sync to revert the unsubscribe.
I've looked at a few of them...they're all happening right away for me. Someone will unsubscribe, and within 10-15 minutes, that info is synced over to SFDC (odd, b/c I thought the sync was usually every 5 minutes). Then, Marketo will sync with SFDC, and the very next line will show (at the same time) a Change Data Value for the unsubscribe field - from True to False. When I called Marketo Support, they said the change was coming over from SalesForce when Marketo was trying to update the SalesForce data.
So it doesn't seem to me that a workflow could be triggering it, but I've asked my SFDC admin to look at that again. A workflow wouldn't work that quickly, right?
The bi-directional sync starts 5 minutes after the completion of the last sync I believe. A triggered workflow could occur pretty quickly. If your Admin doesn't find a workflow, I am wondering if the other applications you are syncing with are making updates that cause the change to be reverted.
Does this happen for any other fields or is unsubscribe the only field affected?
It's only happening for the unsubscribe field...and we don't have many other applications connected. There are a total of about 15, and most of them are SalesForce apps, not 3rd party apps.
The others (non-SFDC) apps we've got are:
Ant Migration Tool
Chatter Mobile for BlackBerry
Have any of those given you trouble in the past?
Laura have you tried out the field permission for the user role yet?
I haven't had an issue with any of those. SFDC apps should not be an issue at all. There has to be something going on with the permissions of that field if it is the only one affected.
If your admin is still stumped, you should post to the SFDC community and open a ticket with their support. If you share the link to the SFDC community post, I will forward it over to our admin to see if she has any helpful insights.
Laura - Has SFDC got back to you? I'm curious to hear what they have to say. My SFDC admin is out of the office but I plan on asking her to post to the SFDC community when she gets back.
The field permissions look ok...and SFDC support has been working on it for about a week now, but has made no real progress. They're supposed to get back to me with another update by COB today. Hopefully they'll have figured out what's going on!
I'll check to see if I can access the SFDC community site and put a post up there (and I'll post the link here once that's done) - thanks for the suggestion!
I am still having trouble with this and have not made much progress. I've asked quite a few people and the answers I'm getting are already posted in this discussion thread. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. This will be very helpful to my team and I.