How to remove a member from campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove a member from campaign

Hi

I have a Program in Marketo which includes several smart campaigns. I've discovered that in one of the campaigns (triggered one) the smart list definitions were wrong and that caused an adding of members that shouldn't been added. Those members didn't go through the flow but they are members of that campaign.

Is there a way I can remove completely member from Campaign (not list, not program, campaign!) based on certain criteria?

Thanks
Boris

4 REPLIES 4
Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Re: How to remove a member from campaign

Hi Boris

If the leads have already been processed by the smart campaign, you can not remove them from the results. Though, you can still try removing them from the flow of the campaign, which might help.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

As Rachit mentioned, you cannot remove someone from campaign membership once they've been added. The remove from flow step will help if there were any wait steps with additional flow steps after the fact.

Is there a specific reason you're looking to remove people from the campaign?

Megan_Popma
Level 1

Hi Dory,

If you cannot remove someone from campaign membership once they've been added, how can you tell the "Remove from Smart Campaign" campaign was successful?

I've removed members from an "Add to Engagement Program" campaign with a 1-week wait step before they are actually added to the Engagement Program and become members.

I want to ensure that these people were successfully removed and will not receive an email at the next cast.

Thanks!

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Megan Popma,

If you created a Smart Campaign with a Remove from Flow flow step in it,as in Dory's example, there isn't a reason to mistrust the results. However, you can look at the Results tab of that Smart Campaign to reassure yourself that people were actually removed. Also, once the 1 week wait step has passed, assuming you can define the people who don't belong in the Engagement Program - you can verify they aren't members with a smart list that contains a filter for Member of Engagement Program->NameOfProgram = True and a filter (or filters) that describe the people who don't belong. If the smart list turns up empty you will know those people are not in the Engagement Program.

Denise