7 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 8:54 AM by Carley Donovan

Understanding who didn't receive an email

Teresa Wu

What is the best way to identify which leads did NOT receive an email after a campaign has been executed?

Even within my list of "blocked leads," I can see that some did click open the email. I need to understand who did not receive it so I can resend.

• Re: Understanding who didn't receive an email
          Grégoire Michel

Hi Teresa,

Combine an "email was sent" with a "not email was delivered" filter.

-Greg

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            Carley Donovan

Hi Teresa Wu,

I would create another "Send Outbound Email" Smart Campaign with the following information:

1. "Member of Smart Campaign: {{insert your first Send Outbound Email Smart Campaign here}}"
            2. "Was not delivered email: {{insert the name of the email in question here}}"

This will give you list of everyone you had intended on sending the email to, then filter it down to anyone that did not receive it. In your flow step, it would obviously be "Send Email: {{insert the name of the email you want to send}}". Before hitting send or scheduling, click the "Schedule" tab to review blocked leads. These will be leads that are Email Invalid, Unsubscribed, and potentially Email Suspended. Subtract the "Leads blocked from mailing" number from the "Set to affect xxx existing leads" number to determine who will actually be sent the email, as the system will not email those blocked from mailing.

Thanks,

Carley Donovan

Teresa Wu

Thanks for the reply Carley. My confusion is that in the Campaign results, I can see that the activity "Email delivered" is true for a specific lead (say Bob Jones). However, when I create a new smartlist and apply your suggested filter - Bob also appears in the smart list for those that were not delivered.

Any ideas?

Carley Donovan

Hi Teresa Wu,

That is confusing. I would go to this leads record in the Lead Database and then go to his activity history (you can filter by Email Activities), then I would look at that and see what is going on. You need to see in his activity history if he was marked as Email Delivered or not to see where he should truly fall. If you can provide a bit more detail on that activity history, I might be able to help more.

Thanks,

Carley Donovan