8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 2:08 PM by Jonathan Ng

CRM 2015 Plug-In

Amanda Wells

Hi Everyone, 

In the Dynamics User Meet Up yesterday, someone mentioned updated Plug-ins to CRM were available. Can someone point me in the right direction on where I can find the most recent update for Dynamics CRM 2015 Online? I'm new to the group and could use some help navigating around.

Thanks in advance!

• Re: CRM 2015 Plug-In
          Cyndi Marty

Hi, you can find the release update here: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Marketo+Plugin+Releases+for+Microsoft+Dynamics

But as we mention ed they don't keep it up-to date. I manually check the plug-in once a month to be sure it hasn't updated.

Cyndi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Chelsea Stinnett

Hi Cyndi,

What are the steps to download the plugin? When I click on it, the files appear in My PC folder, but I don't know what to do from here.

Thanks!

Cyndi Marty

Hi Chelsea, you can follow the steps at this link to get it installed: Sync Setup - Marketo Docs - Product Docs.

I typically download the file and pass it to the CRM team for them to update the solution in Dynamics. Hope this helps!

Jonathan Ng

After you download the file, the person that manages CRM would then need to install the solution on to CRM.  The file is "suppossed" to be able to install on top of the existing file, removing old files automatically where necessary, but we've found that where integrations have gone VERY awry we completely uninstall the solution and then install a fresh solution.

Make sure the user permissions are set correctly for the sync user/profile, they need to match exactly to your instance, or functionality within MSCRM may not communicate properly over to Marketo on lead/contact update, or conversion.  If the user guide references permission fields that don't match up with yours reach out to Support and note that and ask for clarification.  If its not setup right you'll have all sorts of problems.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        Cyndi Marty

Johnathan what CRM version are you? Just curious as we have never had to uninstall to update the solution. We are currently 2016 online.

Jonathan Ng

We are on CRM 2011 on prem.  We had to do the complete uninstall/reinstall process a few years back when the options were 2011 and 2015.  At the time we had some pretty serious sync issues where nothing synced, only certain profiles, ie only lead or only contact would sync, leads would not convert to contacts, etc.

Dan Stevens.

I was just about to stress the importance of what Jonathan posted here.  It's not just a plug-n-play process (especially if it's your first time installing it). Permissions are the trickiest.

Also - and I mentioned this during our meetup on Tuesday - always remember to head over to Admin and refresh the schema.  This will require you to disable the sync temporarily, but it should only take 10 minutes or so.

1. Go to Marketo Admin portal (with account with admin access)
                            2. Go to Admin
                            3. Go to Dynamics Entity Sync
                            4. Click on Refresh Schema
                              1. This will prompt you asking to “Disable Sync” first. Click Yes

5. Refresh Schema will execute.
                            6. Once “Refresh Schema” is done, re-enable Sync
                              1. Go to Microsoft Dynamics > Enable Sync
                          Amanda Wells

Thank you Cyndi!  I appreciate the quick reply. I'm working with my IT team to get the update installed. Hoping this will resolve some issues.