1 of 1 people found this helpful
Just use the mktEditable elements. Everything else is 2.0, if I remember well.
BTW, migrating is really worth it. I published a couple of blog posts that may help you doing so:
- Testing the email editor 2.0: Great features, a few glitches and the strong need for a v2.1
- Upgrading to the new email editor 2.0: a recommended migration path
- Email editor 2.0 is leaving room for a v2.1
2 of 2 people found this helpful
v1.0 didn't really have a syntax. Thats why we recommend v2.0! Please, please, please, switch over. Better to avoid hassles later on. Our product team will not be investing in 1.0 anymore and support will be better for 2.0 moving forward.
Anyway, here were the only rules for v1.0:
- Any HTML element could be marked as "mktEditable" in v1.0, which would make it a rich-text element in the Email 1.0 Editor
- If your template included no mktEditable elements, Marketo would auto-insert one around the entire <body> for you
There were a couple other general HTML validation rules, but that was basically it regarding marketo elements.