AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scoring Wistia Videos

Question asked by befce7a94a77fcbe890d3de3d88be59bf08d97f7 on Apr 20, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 by Dan Stevens.

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this conundrum. FYI, I'm new to Marketo. I'm getting ready to launch a campaign that is based around a series of videos hosted via Wistia. As part of this campaign, we have set up a landing page that hosts all 5 videos on that one page. As a former HubSpot user, I'm a bit confused on how Marketo handles scoring.

From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong), Wistia syncs EVERY stage that the viewer has completed to Marketo, not just the final stage. For example, if a person watches 100% of the video and we want to score them, they will need to be scored for each stage: Played, 25% watched, 50%, 75% and 100%.

The best way I can see to do this is to score each stage of each video separately. For example, for each of the five videos, my Smart Campaigns would be....

Smart List > Visits Web Page > Web Page > Is > Wistia Video : Video #1- Played

Flow > Change Score > Change > +2

Smart List > Visits Web Page > Web Page > Is > Wistia Video : Video #1- Watched 25%

Flow > Change Score > Change > +5

Smart List > Visits Web Page > Web Page > Is > Wistia Video : Video #1- Watched 50%

Flow > Change Score > Change > +7

Smart List > Visits Web Page > Web Page > Is > Wistia Video : Video #1- Watched 75%

Flow > Change Score > Change > +10

Smart List > Visits Web Page > Web Page > Is > Wistia Video : Video #1- Watched 100%

Flow > Change Score > Change > +15

And I would do this for each video for a grand total of 25 smart campaigns. Wowzers.   Not only does this seem tedious, but someone could feasibly rack up a huge score just from watching a couple of these videos. I could easily see someone landing on our page and, since the videos are each <60 seconds, watching them all back-to-back, crossing the threshold to MQL even though watching 5 minutes worth of videos doesn't exactly make them MQL material.

Has anyone had a page set up this way before and knows a better method? I'm sure there is a waaaay simpler method but I'm just not thinking about it in the right way.

Outcomes