33 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2018 6:24 PM by Denise Greenberg

Problem with Lead.First Name Token in an email Preheader

Carl Ducharme Delafontaine

Hello,

I am recently having some issues with the Lead.First Name Token when using it in an email preheader. I am using the token as follow :

Hello {{lead.First Name:default=}}

The token is used in both the preheader and in the body of the email. In the email preheader, I saw some cases where the first name is not the right one while it appeared correctly in the body of the email. Sometime, the first name appeared correctly in both the preheader and in the body of the email. This is a bit confusing because I am using the token the same way in both the preheader and in the body.

Here is an example that I saw this week. The lead first name in Marketo is : ''Jean-Charles''. Here is what he received :

Email's Preheader

hello-bj.png

Email's Body text

hello-JC.png

This is really frustrating to see that some leads are receving en email and it says ''Hello Bj'' in the preheader... I have open a case with Marketo for this issue and they weren't able to reproduce it. However, it has happened a few times so far. Has this issue happened to anyone before ? If someone has an idea as of why this is happening, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Carl