VP / Group VP, Marketing, Demand Generation
San Mateo, CA
Here's the gist:
We’re the engagement company! We provide the leading digital marketing platform to help brands engage prospects, customers, and partners to build long-term relationships with them and grow revenue. We are also all about creating the most vibrant community of digital marketers - 60,000+ strong today - who learn, share, and grow with each other everyday. We call this community the Marketing Nation.
We are looking for a senior marketing executive who can help us drive all elements of our demand generation, social marketing, and online advertising. We’re looking for a world-class leader to effectively lead a team of some of the best marketers in the world. We also seek someone who is passionate about marketing to marketers, enjoys witty banter and spur-of-the-moment happy hours.
Reporting to the CMO, key responsibilities of this senior executive leader include:
- Work closely with senior directors / associate VPs to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy for the business across segments.
- Guide team to build and manage best-in-class demand generation programs – using the right mix of inbound, broad-based, account-based, and paid media strategies – to optimize lead-to-opportunity-to-deal funnel and drive pipeline for the business.
- Set guidance and direction for our adoption and cross-sell marketing teams to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Set guidance and direction for our head of online marketing and team to maximize effectiveness of digital advertising spend.
- Tradeshows and events: Set guidance for major tradeshows and events that Marketo sponsors and participates in.
- Set guidance and direction for our head of social marketing and team to amplify our social marketing efforts and closely measure effectiveness.
- Provide strategic direction, inspiration, and mentorship to senior leaders of the commercial, enterprise, social, and online marketing teams.
- Serve as one of the top thought-leaders in the company – showcase Marketo’s best-in-class digital marketing techniques with media, prospects, and customers.
- Strongly collaborate with sales to ensure alignment on program strategy, execution, and key KPIs.
- Partner marketing: Align with partner/business development team on the strategy and set guidance for co-marketing with strategic partners to source and influence pipeline.
- Drive strong alignment with marketing operations on key metrics, including marketing performance, measurement, process definition, and marketing systems and data.
- Develop and optimize a multi-million dollar marketing budget to generate the best returns.
- Effectively collaborate with other members of the marketing executive team to develop and retain talent and support a vibrant “One Team” marketing culture.
A little more about you:
- 15 to 20 years’ experience in demand generation and overall marketing, including proven success at a large software company.
- Prior experience in leading a large scale Marketo-based demand team a big plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest techniques in account-based marketing and paid media strategies.
- Inspirational leader – someone who has ‘been there, done that’ in terms of building and inspiring high-performance teams at all levels in demand generation, digital, and social marketing.
- Compelling storyteller, capable of taking our best practices and techniques and elevating them to compelling stories that showcase our second-to-none expertise in digital marketing.
- World-class oral, written, and visual communicator.
- Excellent cross-functional leader who excels at both high-level thinking and execution.