Adding mktoModuleScope="true" breaks the template

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding mktoModuleScope="true" breaks the template

I have been working with templates like Mission Control and have good success, but need to use the local variable code. However, when I add the code to the FreeText background color variable, the template is broken and I can no longer work with modules. I've read in other posts that this new code was going to be implemented in the Starter Templates, but I'm not seeing. We upgraded to the Email Editor 2.0, but none of my Starter Templates seem to have this new functionality implemented. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to upgrade something else?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Adding mktoModuleScope="true" breaks the template

If you edit anything in a template outside of a Marketo Element or Module (defined here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/DOCS/Email+Template+Syntax ), it will break the template from the email. At that point, modules that are currently in the email will still be there, but you won't be able to insert new modules (since there is no template to pull from anymore). You can certainly clone our Marketo Starter Templates, make any changes you need to, and then start creating emails from them. That will work fine.

Also, our templates are in the process of being updated right now. So, you'll be able to just use the Starter Templates with local variables once that hits your instance (within 24 hrs is my estimate).

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding mktoModuleScope="true" breaks the template

Great news! Thanks Justin!