5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 1:38 PM by Kyle Gudgeon

Use of new CNAMEs

Kyle Gudgeon

Hello Marketo Community!

First post here, apologies if this has been asked already.

Currently, I have my default landing page as info2.example.com. After many discussions with Marketo support, we decided to replace our SSL certificate for info2 with a SAN cert that will allow use to use multiple secured landing page URLs/sub domains.

I have added a new domain alias for "guide.example.com" and "about.example.com". Where in landing page creation can I make the subdomain one of these new CNAMEs? There is no editable field that lets me change the subdomain. Before I had the SAN cert installed, Marketo suggested I use "guide.example.com" for existing landing pages (ie. use the url "guide.example.com/lp-123" for and existing LP under "info2.example.com/lp-123". This resulted in a warning message saying that "guide" was trying to use "info2" SSL. Now that we have the SAN cert installed, we no longer get that message but "guide.example.com/lp-123" redirects to "info2.example.com/lp-123" which can confuse the user.

So the main questions are:

1. Is it possible to choose which CNAME a lp belongs to if I have domain alias set up?

2. If not possible to choose cname/sub-domain during LP creation, is it possible to keep the CNAME alias as the final URL instead of it being redirected to the default subdomain?

Thank you!