I just finished posting a commit to a discussion somewhere else on this community about recommendations for first time attendees. I wanted to share in the Houston User Group, as I believe there are a couple of you who might be attending for the first time this year.
Here are my recommendations for first time Summit Attendees:
1. Have 2 options for sessions in case your first choice fills up too fast. All sessions are posted on community for attendees, so you can always catch it there afterwards.
2. Introduce yourself to everyone! The people you sit next to in sessions, the people standing in lines with you, etc. You'll never know who you'll meet and won't believe what you can learn about Marketo while standing in lines.
3. Take notes & asks questions during the sessions. This is your chance to get expert advice on your specific instance, so make sure you do!
4. I recommend bringing a notebook for #3. You'll want to conserve your laptop battery since there's not always a good place to plug in during the sessions. Also, on this note, carry a battery pack for your phone. If you use your phone to map out your sessions, take pictures and post to social, and take calls, chances are you'll run through your battery fast.
5. Make time for the expo! There is so much there, and you definitely don't want to miss out on swag. These are marketers marketing to marketers, so you'll see some pretty awesome booth and trade show ideas to take back to your own company. It's also completely necessary, at least to me, to stay up to date on the latest tools and integrations for Marketo.
6. Get your ideas out and make implementation plans before you go back to work. You'll have a lot to catch up on when you get back, and you don't want to waste all that inspiration you lived at Summit.