SOLVED

Change success date

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change success date

Is there a way to change the program status date? We have a lead that engaged at a conference but wasn't on the original lead lead from sales. Now that the oppty is closed won, I learn the contact was at the conference and should have been updated as a success. Now I don't see that conf as influencing the closed won oppty. Any chance? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Change success date

Use the flow step change program success and you can change the success date.

program success.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darrell_Alfons2

Use the flow step change program success and you can change the success date.

program success.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect!  Thanks so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with changing the success date is that Marketo will still not pick up the influencing program. I spoke with Marketo support in the past and apparently influence on opportunities is calculated when Marketo sees the opportunity change to closed-won. At that point, it does the influence attribution calculations and it does not update after that. So, you can back-date the success of the program, but that won't trigger the influence to be recalculated.

I was not able to find a solution to the problem when I investigated this ~6 months ago - not sure if Orion changes things.

Dan_Stevens_

Like Richard said, the solution that Darrell provided will not help with proper influence/attribution for your reporting.  This is a big issue for us as well and hope it will be "fixed" in the near future.  Here's an existing discussion around it; and an idea to vote up:

Enable the ability to define the date a specific program status/success was achieved