3 of 3 people found this helpful
Yes, do not expect sales to really update that field. You will have to create workflows (either in SFDC or with Marketo smart campaigns) to update it and also use tasks to make sure that MQL or SQL are really being handled and called back. Typical workflows that you may want to create, in addition to the typical MQL and SQL:
- Set the contact to Opportunity status when it is attached to an opportunity
- Set the contact back to recycled status when an oppy is lost
- Set the contact to won when the opportunity is won and no other opportunity is opened
- Set the contact to recycled when it has been won for a certain duration
- Set the contact to nurtured when the recycle period is over
- Set the contact to cold if he/she is not responding to campaigns
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Yes, this is possible to have the contact status and we have done this in past for some of our customers. It is a good practice to match contact status with lead status values but both will have separate values :- One for leads and one for contacts.
However MQL status is only valid for leads until they are passed by sales and became contact.