SOLVED

Segmentation not working in Sales Force Email Templates

Go to solution
Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Segmentation not working in Sales Force Email Templates

I created segmented content in Marketo so that the signature line would change based on who the Account Manager of the lead was. When I did all my testing in Marketo, everything was populating correctly based on who the Account Manager of the lead was. (Aka Mary is the Account Manager and so Mary's signature line populates the bottom of the email.)

However as soon I published these email templates to Marketo Sales Insight and tried to test them, segmentation stopped completely.

Anyone know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Segmentation not working in Sales Force Email Templates

Hi,

Do you mean that Segmentation/Snippets did not work when the email was sent from MSI? Yeah, that won't work.

Dynamic Content/Segmentation/Snippets are for Marketo only.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi,

Do you mean that Segmentation/Snippets did not work when the email was sent from MSI? Yeah, that won't work.

Dynamic Content/Segmentation/Snippets are for Marketo only.

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Well that's a bummer. Thanks for your reply Josh

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Major bummer - I was just having the same problem. Does your Sales team type in their name every time? We include the person's picture, name, email, and phone (via snippets) which will be a huge pain to add manually every time.

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

I ended up just making their signatures tokenized and ditching the picture, to avoid having them type it in every email