4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 2:43 PM by Grégoire Michel

Schedule emails in engagement stream to send at specific intervals, not on certain days of the week

Todd Belebczuk(no longer there)

Hi,

Here's what I'm looking to do:

Each day Monday-Friday I will be pulling a list of new clients and sending them an introductory email as part of an onboarding program. I would then like to send them a series of four other similar emails over time, but in specific intervals of three days or seven days later, not every Wednesday or every Tuesday and Friday. Ideally it would look like this:

1. On Monday morning, I pull a list of new clients and upload it into Marketo and send the introductory email right away.

2. Send Email #2 three days later.

3. Send Email #3 three days later.

4. Send Email #4 seven days later.

5. Send Email #5 seven days later.

6. On Tuesday morning, I pull another new list from the last 24 hours and the cycle repeats.

I thought an engagement program with a nurture stream would be best, but it would not work here because they can only be scheduled for certain days of the week and there would be a lot of overlap.

I realize that I can use a smart campaign with flow steps of wait 3 days, then send Email #2, wait 3 days, then send Email #3, etc., but everything I've read said that excessive wait steps can bog down your system and should be avoided.

What's the best way to accomplish this?