While Update in lead using Data Value Changes in Smart List .

Anonymous
Not applicable

While Update in lead using Data Value Changes in Smart List .

Hi Team ,

I have a webhook in marketo , In Smart List I am using Data Value Changes as Trigger, I choose the attribute "Job Title" , so here what happen when I am changing "Job Title" field for any lead my webhook is triggering , but whatever the lead I create recently , in that lead when I am changing "Job Title" field my webhook is not triggering , but for old leads when I am changing "Job Title" field my webhook is triggering . please can you help me about that .MaketoDataValueChanges.PNG

Thanks

Tirapa Reddy

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: While Update in lead using Data Value Changes in Smart List .

Hi Tirapa,

Webhook field update is asynchronous. So the data value change that results from the webhook answer might occur after a few seconds, or almost immediately, but you cannot control it.

You should use some constraints with you data value changes trigger to make sure you are only capturing changes that come from the webhook:

pastedImage_0.png

Otherwise, review in details the activity log of some lead that are supposed to have fired the webhooh and look for the change data value event. If the event is not there, then your webhook is not configured correctly.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gerg ,

Actually My Webhook will immediately trigger when Data value changes will happen in lead , but that is happen for only old leads , means if I create any lead today and I immediately edit the Attribute field , then my webhook is not triggering , if my webhook configuration is wrong then how it is trigerring for old leads . my webhook screen shot I am sending youMarketoWebhook.PNGFlowWebhook.PNG

thanks

Tirapa Reddy

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Sorry, I not sure I understand what you are trying to do and what the webhook is supposed to do, and therefore, my previous answer might not be appropriate to what your are trying to do.

1. If what you are trying to do is to call a webhook each time a lead is created or the job title is updated, then the way your triggers are set is OK.
  2. Remember that you need to have a real value change so that the trigger "data value changes" fires.
  3. Is the "job title" a required information for the webhook? If so, you should add a "job title is not empty" filter to the 2 triggers in your smart campaign.
  4. You may want to add a wait 1 minute in the flow before calling the webhook.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

if I create any lead today and I immediately edit the Attribute field , then my webhook is not triggering , if my webhook configuration is wrong then how it is trigerring for old leads .

Something doesn't make sense here.

In both cases, you're talking about leads that are already committed to your database (just "older" ones beyond some unspecified date vs. newer ones). Marketo doesn't, in normal use, see leads differently based on some arbitrary epoch or anything.

Please show us the Activity Log line and Activity Log Detail for a Data Value Changed activity (change the attribute manually via the Marketo UI) on a "new" lead vs an "old" lead.

I disagree with Greg -- no need for a wait step. Either the trigger fires or it doesn't.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Agreed the wait should not be necessary.

-Greg