1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 4:18 AM by Grégoire Michel

Dynamics Sync - Field Id Prefixes & Relationships to Dynamics Lead & Contact entity

Sean Tierney

Hello,

Questions on field Id prefixes and confirmation on process to sync between a single Marketo field to the Dynamics Lead & Contact entity. Quick background; I'm the admin for Marketo, not for Dynamics--so I unfortunately don't have the luxury of admin access to Dynamics for quick trial and error testing. Used to the Marketo to SFDC sync, but a newbie in the Dynamics world.

1. Field Id Prefixes - are there ever any required field Id prefixes that would impact sync functionality between Marketo (both main solution & sales insight) and Dynamics Entities?
            • I see variations of prefix preferences in community
            • Only technical requirement I've come across was for Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync last year--nothing i could locate for Dynamics
            • If no requirement, then what's worked best for you?
      2. Sync Relationships to Lead & Contact entity - I'm assuming Dynamics Field Id and Field Names have to be the same between the Lead & Contact Entity to sync back to a single Marketo field...right?
            • Custom fields sync - process;
              1. Dynamics admin create custom fields in both Lead & Contact entities using same Field Id and Name
              2. Marketo admin runs schema refresh and reactivates sync when it finishes
              3. Marketo admin opens fields to sync selection and checks the box for the custom field on both Lead & Contact entity field list--clicks save
            • Standard Marketo fields sync (Acquisition Date, Acquisition Program, Acquisition Program Name, Lead Score, Marketo ID, etc.) - process;
              1. Marketo or Sales Insight solution install would have auto-created standard Marketo fields on just the Dynamics Lead entity
              2. Dynamics admin creates custom fields on Contact entity to match Field Id & Field Names as Lead entity
              3. Marketo admin runs schema refresh and reactivates sync when it finishes
              4. Marketo admin opens fields to sync selection and checks the box for the custom field on both Lead & Contact entity field list--clicks save
            • Standard Dynamic fields sync--haven't found any in this bucket that are causing field sync issues...yet, but happy to take advice here if you have any :-)

Thanks,

Sean