Right Source Marketing is looking for a passionate, marketing-driven digital expert to fill the role of director of marketing technology. The person in this new position will work with our content and communications teams to help drive adoption of marketing technology tools and spur growth for our clients.
Technology is — and will continue to be — an essential part of every facet of marketing, from digital output to data-driven decision-making, so a passion for using technology to drive customer engagement is key. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong understanding of marketing processes and marketing-related technologies. However, we are not just looking for someone who can lead the implementation of marketing and related sales technology stacks, but someone who can push the software (and the team using it) to maximize what it can do. As a lynch pin of this next-generation team, you will serve as the ongoing business owner for data, applications, and systems that support marketing.
A background in consulting, marketing, working with B2B channels and products, project management, business operations and technology is necessary.
This position will be based in our Reston, VA or Hunt Valley, MD office – take your pick.
- Serve as the ongoing business owner for data, applications, and systems that support marketing (and sales)
- Develop and refine workflows in systems across applications to implement marketing and sales processes
- Serve as the champion for marketing technology initiatives
- Construct key marketing and sales reporting mechanisms, including dashboards and reports
- Ongoing analytics delivery to provide insights for better decision making
- Act as the liaison with client technology management organization to ensure that the right technology is selected and implemented in a timely manager
- Ownership of competitive/market intelligence delivery
Experience and Education:
- BA or BS required
- 7+ years’ experience in managing the integration of marketing application software across an organization’s marketing technology landscape
- 7+ years’ demonstrated success in establishing and implementing a marketing technology vision
- 10+ years’ marketing-related experience, ideally in technology and operations roles
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and sales analytics, reporting and dashboard development, analysis and delivery
- 5+ years’ experience developing and refining marketing and sales workflow in enterprise class systems
- Ability to lead technology, marketing, and project management processes
- Proﬁciency with content management, web, social, and mobile platforms
- Deep domain knowledge of the marketing technology application landscape, including Salesforce CRM, Marketo, HubSpot or Pardot marketing automation and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with the digital advertising ecosystem
- Experience in B2B lead generation
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Use of data management tools and best practices related to sales and marketing
- Analytical thinker, naturally curious, and thrives in working in cross-functional teams
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org — include cover letter, salary requirements, resume and “Director of Marketing Technology” in the subject line. Please read the entire job description and review our website and blog before submitting.
The best candidates will find an appropriate way to capture our attention — don’t send your resume without showing that you did your research and understand what we’re looking for.