SOLVED

Adobe Integration / Using their Forms - Help!

Go to solution
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Adobe Integration / Using their Forms - Help!

We're leaving Wordpress and going to Adobe for website hosting. The web team and our consultants are adamant that Marketo forms do not meet our needs, purely from a look/feel standpoint. I've told them they can write code to make the fields look however they want, but they want to be able to create forms themselves that connect to Marketo rather than using embedded forms.

Aside from losing progressive profiling, is there anything else I should be aware of? There's no existing API with Adobe right now, so the consultant sent an email talking about what we'd need to do. I'm nervous that they obviously haven't done this before (neither have I!) and it sounds like it's creating our own API. Has anyone done this successfully?

I did some analysis on integrating Marketo with AEM. It appears that Marketo does provide some API for the Leads submission. There are instructions on Developers.marketo.com

I think this would be the appropriate one for something like a Contact Us form where email/first name/ last name are captured.

But to access those API, we need to establish a “handshake” with Marketo using OAuth, so a Oauth provider needs to be created at the Marketo side and at AEM side a OAuth consumer needs to be created. Once the “handshake” between AEM and Marketo is establish we use their API.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Adobe Integration / Using their Forms - Help!

I did some analysis on integrating Marketo with AEM. It appears that Marketo does provide some API for the Leads submission. There are instructions on Developers.marketo.com

I think this would be the appropriate one for something like a Contact Us form where email/first name/ last name are captured.

But to access those API, we need to establish a “handshake” with Marketo using OAuth, so a Oauth provider needs to be created at the Marketo side and at AEM side a OAuth consumer needs to be created. Once the “handshake” between AEM and Marketo is establish we use their API.

Huge DoS vulnerability, here we come!  This is not the way it should be done in a professional environment.

(Also, they don't really understand how the API works. You wouldn't be creating an OAuth provider in Marketo, just an API user, which is not the same thing. But they don't need the API anyway.)

This blog post outlines the recommended way to use Forms 2.0 API to perform a background form post to Marketo. It can be used with any CMS, any form, and gives you scalability and stability.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Huge DoS vulnerability, here we come!  This is not the way it should be done in a professional environment.

(Also, they don't really understand how the API works. You wouldn't be creating an OAuth provider in Marketo, just an API user, which is not the same thing. But they don't need the API anyway.)

This blog post outlines the recommended way to use Forms 2.0 API to perform a background form post to Marketo. It can be used with any CMS, any form, and gives you scalability and stability.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thank you for the quick response! I'll show my web team the link ASAP and hopefully we can use that and not the consultant's idea.

As always, you are an awesome resource, thank you for your help!