New IP in corporation -- Gmail issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

New IP in corporation -- Gmail issues

Hi all,

I've hit a pretty big issue: Gmail.

Our company has an advertising sector (I work in the channel). They have chosen to launch (push on the channel) an advertising strategy leveraging my 1.2 million lead list. This has been going on for a few months. Here's what happened:

Hard bounces: The Advertising group oversent on their IP bf properly warmed resulting in over 150K hard bounces. That was bad -- but the gmail is worse.

We are being marketing suspended for gmail sends from that IP. The error message is below. Please note that this is a list I have built for 3 years that is now being trashed. No unsubscribe. Just the gmail part.

550-5.7.1 [192.28.150.48 18] Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending IP 550-5.7.1 address. To best protect our users from spam, the message has been 550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit 550 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/188131 for more information. 67si14637447wra.172 - gsmtp

Every email address with this message is now unable to be sent to. It is more than 300K of my database. At this point, the advertising effort has decreased the size of my sendable database by 400K leads. To combat this, I have blocked all gmail addresses that remain from any of their efforts.

My questions are:

-Can I fix this? How?

-Have I completely lost the leads that gmail has deemed as receiving spam and sent the error message to above?

-Has anyone else experienced a cannibalization internally of a list like this? What would you recommend I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: New IP in corporation -- Gmail issues

Kiersti Esparza​ might be able to help here? Good luck.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: New IP in corporation -- Gmail issues

- What would you recommend I do?

Do you have firing authority?

In all seriousness, this IP needs to go out of circulation.

The advantages (accountability/non-repudiation) of sending DKIM-signed mail via Marketo is in turn a disadvantage if somebody who legitimately represents your company sends spam (or in a spammy pattern). There's no quick fix and your sends will likely be negatively weighted for some time, since Google is smart enough to recognize that you have signed spam in the past.