Staples Business Advantage is the business-to-business division of Staples, Inc. serving mid-size to large global enterprises and the healthcare, education, and government sectors. This position is part of the Demand Generation Marketing team which supports Staples Business Advantage growth initiatives through marketing programs that drive brand awareness, increased sales and customer acquisition and retention. This role will specifically focus on owning our marketing automation platform (Marketo), optimizing our lead nurturing campaigns, and managing the overall lead process with our SalesForce.com CRM teams.
- Act as point person for all marketing automation initiatives using the Marketo platform.
- Implement new marketing automation streams that nurture prospects and convert them to actionable leads.
- Optimize marketing campaign effectiveness to ensure that we are delivering high-quality leads to the sales team via our Salesforce.com integration.
- Perform campaign execution tasks including creation of email, landing pages, templates, and web form templates via Marketo.
- Responsible for integration of Marketo with other third party tools in the Mar-Tech stack. These partners/tools include SalesForce, Reachforce, Uberflip, Influitive, Vidyard, Netline, Madison Logic, etc.
- Partner with a third-party agency that helps us with our marketing automation efforts.
- Define, implement, and optimize lead scoring and routing rules to ensure proper assignment and follow-up.
- Document the strategy and processes for ongoing data integration between Marketo and SalesForce.
- Address and resolve any marketing automation issues.
- Provide leadership in defining, optimizing and documenting key marketing operational processes.
- Collaborate with functional leads in the sales group and IT to enhance and troubleshoot issues with lead creation and integration.
- Create and maintain the roadmap for Marketo in terms of additional functionality we plan to leverage, cost to implement, as well as internal partners required for go live.
- Own ad hoc requests for reporting and metrics associated with marketing automation identify areas of opportunity, and suggest ways to improve KPIs.
- Assist in designing and executing A/B and multivariate testing on emails and landing pages to continually maximize ROI.
• 4 year degree in business, marketing, database administration or related field.
• 4 plus years of experience in marketing operations and automation with hands-on experience administering marketing automation tools such as Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua as well as Salesforce.com.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Process and quality orientation with attention to detail.
• Analytical thought process.
• Conscientious, thorough and organized in all aspects of your professional life.
• General understanding of online marketing tactics and best practices.
• Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player who likes to take ownership.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally.
• Experience working in a business-to-business (B2B) environment.
• Experience implementing and optimizing lead scoring models.
• Comfortable using online content to generate new leads for Sales teams.
• Experience not only running a project, but also measuring and evaluating its success.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Experience developing reports in marketing or CRM systems.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For additional information, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
T: (770) 325-1705