SOLVED

Lead overlap in multiple lists

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead overlap in multiple lists

Hello,

I have two questions regarding overlap of leads in multiple lists in the same nurturing program.

• If a lead exists in more than one list eg smart list A and B, and I set a campaign to set an email to everyone in A and B, I trust that the overlapping leads will only receive 1 email right?
  • Is there a quicker way to create an aggregate list from smart list A and B, other than manually copying over all their filters? I know I can also do simply 2 filters, "member of list A" and "member of list B", but what happens if I want to delete A and B and only keep the aggregate list? Wouldn't that delete the dependency?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emily_Thornton1
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead overlap in multiple lists

Regarding your first question, if I am reading this correctly your smart campaign would look like this:

Smart List:

(1 or 2)

Member of Smart List A

Member of Smart List B

Flow:

Send Email

If that is the case then you are correct, leads one only receive one email regardless if they exist in one or both of the nested smart lists.

For your second question, I believe your options are either to have the smart lists nested in your smart campaign like above, or manually recreate the filters. If you do leaved them as stand-alones, you will not be able to delete Smart List A or B as long as they are in use by a smart campaign.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products​. "Community" is for website feedback, not support -- and yes, this is confusing!

Emily_Thornton1
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Regarding your first question, if I am reading this correctly your smart campaign would look like this:

Smart List:

(1 or 2)

Member of Smart List A

Member of Smart List B

Flow:

Send Email

If that is the case then you are correct, leads one only receive one email regardless if they exist in one or both of the nested smart lists.

For your second question, I believe your options are either to have the smart lists nested in your smart campaign like above, or manually recreate the filters. If you do leaved them as stand-alones, you will not be able to delete Smart List A or B as long as they are in use by a smart campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Emily. Yes that is my smart campaign.

Thanks for confirming my assumption as well, guess there is no shortcut to merging lists.