Unsubscribe Reporting Issues with the Email Performance Report

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe Reporting Issues with the Email Performance Report

Hey Nation,

We are seeing a discrepancy in the unsubscribes being reported on the Email Performance Report.  For example, the report will tell me that 80 have unsubscribed while in reality we had closer to 3000 on the day due to a large blast when I run a smart list looking at unsubscribes for the day.  I do understand that my smart list would pull in unsubscribes from multiple emails, even really old ones, but we can see that our unsubscribe numbers correlate with bigger blasts.  In short, I believe that we have an attribution issue where the email isn't being accredited with the unsubscribe.

Everything that I've read says that the unsubscribe total in Email Performance Report is counted upon the unsubscribe link click.  Here's the current code that we are using.  Anything look off?  Any ideas?

<p style="text-align:center;"><font face="Helvetica Neue" size="1" color="#404244">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you wish to unsubscribe or update your email preferences, <br>please visit our <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%subscription-preferences-center.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">Email Preference Center</a>. </font> </p><br>

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Unsubscribe Reporting Issues with the Email Performance Report

HI Adam,

you lay want to replace "%mkt_opt_out_prefix%" with your landing page subdomain, but AFAIK, this is not the cause of discrepancies anyway.

Otherwise, your code look OK.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Everything that I've read says that the unsubscribe total in Email Performance Report is counted upon the unsubscribe link click.

It's filling out the form from the tracked link that consitutes an unsubscribe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

We have noticed this as well. We use this set up (I changed the names).

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.56.38 AM.png

There are a few variables that are tough to account for.

1) If you sent that record multiple emails that could make the numbers not line up.

2) If they unsubscribed from another email if would change the numbers.

The more specific you can get with the filters the more accurate the number will be (Dates, Emails, Links, Pages, Lists, etc).

Andy