1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 9:47 AM by Kristina Schroffel

Transition Rules - Nurture Program

Kristina Schroffel

Hello,

Here's my dilemma and want some perspective please.

I have 5 streams currently that are the introduction to my nurture program they are segmented based on job title. As the next phase I want to go into industry, however curious what is the better approach:

• After the initial 5 streams should I create a transition rule that triggers based on the last email being delivered then move to the second phase stream that is based on industry of the email subscriber.
      • Or should I create this a different way for example create a whole new stream in addition to the initial 5 streams and factor in industry already and add more emails to the content flow

Not sure if I am thinking through all the options and would love some advice on what's the better long-term solution. Eventually in phase three I plan to segment by behavior too.

Thanks!

• Re: Transition Rules - Nurture Program
          Devraj Grewal

Kristina,

Each engagement program has a maximum of 15 streams, so keep this in mind. As for the transition between streams, I actually prefer an outside smart campaign with the flow step of "change engagement program stream" as this allows you to run a batch whereas transition rules require a trigger.

This then allows you to make choice conditions for the "change engagement program stream:

Choice 1: If industry is computer hardware

change stream: computer hardware stream

Choice 2: if industry is software

change stream: software stream

3 of 3 people found this helpful