SOLVED

SSL Error

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SSL Error

What does "Failed: SSL Connect Error" mean? A lead did not sync to SFDC because of this error but I'm not sure what it is or how to fix it.

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: SSL Error

The original lead with a "Sync Lead to SFDC" step won't be retried -- you need to run that step manually.

I would assume it was a transient error. While technically "SSL error" sounds like it relates to security only, it can also mean the endpoint wasn't accepting any connections (thus also classified as an SSL error since all connections to SFDC are secure).

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman

If you run that same action now, does it still fail?  There could have been a transient error with the endpoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did a test lead with the same form...came through just fine. I just want to make sure this doesn't happen with other leads that come in. She's still not synced to SFDC.

SanfordWhiteman

The original lead with a "Sync Lead to SFDC" step won't be retried -- you need to run that step manually.

I would assume it was a transient error. While technically "SSL error" sounds like it relates to security only, it can also mean the endpoint wasn't accepting any connections (thus also classified as an SSL error since all connections to SFDC are secure).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks! I was able to sync the lead after trying again. thanks for your help!

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Sanford Whiteman​ what if this error message occurs again? We saw the same error message all afternoon on Saturday and again last night. Our SF admin is investigating and I opened a ticket with Marketo support. What else can I check? Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

I suspect -- based in several recent outages in my primary org -- that the prob is going to be on the SFDC side. Luckily their support will probably fess up to it if so.

Either way, there aren't any real-time "forensics" you can do as a user, and even those with deeper access to the system have trouble debugging unless the problem is currently presenting itself.

This kind of thing bedevils network and systems people -- the sporadic outage that, if you're watching the wire at the time, can be debugged, but by the time it's over you're out of luck.

Having tickets open with your providers is the right move.

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Ah, interesting. Thanks Sanford Whiteman. If it makes any difference, we are on the NA6 Instance for Salesforce. Our SF admin advised that there were no degradation, disruptions, or maintenance issues on the NA6 instance.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 11.00.31 AM.png

The Marketo support rep advised there were some issues that the Engineering team was aware and resolved the issue quickly. He also said "Engineering is going to continue to monitor the global sync for any changes" so I wonder if the issue was on the Marketo side then.

SanfordWhiteman

Interesting, thanks for updating me/us.

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Hey Sharnel Ross​,

We experienced the same sync error on Saturday afternoon 11am to 5pm Eastern and again last night 9pm to 9:30pm Eastern. It was a headache to manually reconcile all the leads. Our SF admin is investigating, but has this happened to you guys more than once in the past few days?