Re-Order Rows in Revenue Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-Order Rows in Revenue Explorer

We have a Revenue Explorer report showing People by Revenue Cycle Stage (which is a field we created - it's not a Revenue Stage in a model). The VP would like to see the report ordered in pipeline order rather than alphabetical. E.g.:

Known

Enaged

MQL

SAL

SQL

Opportunity

As opposed to this or the opposite:

Engaged

Known

MQL

Opportunity

SAL

SQL

This seems like a reasonable request but I can't see any options except to order the rows in the column in alphabetical or revers alphabetical order. I know we could re-name the values in the field (01-Known, 02-Engage, etc.) but that's a big nuisance. Does anyone know of a way to manipulate the report itself to achieve the desired effect? I can't see anything but thought I'd put it out there just in case.

7 REPLIES 7
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Re-Order Rows in Revenue Explorer

I don't believe RCE inherently supports this functionality, but I know the pain points that come from having those out of order. For my workaround, my first column is always "inflow" and I sort my chart by that column. This works for us because our funnel behaves consistently like you would expect a funnel to behave -  MCLs have the largest inflow numbers, MQLs fewer, SQLs fewer still, etc. Also, we only include success path stages, so it stays nice and clean.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachel,

It sounds like your report is pulling from a Revenue Cycle Modeler. This client doesn't have one. Only a Revenue Cycle Stage field, that we created, populated based on Lead/Contact Status field values and Opp stages. So there is no "inflow." But thanks for the idea for other situations.

Denise

Rachel_Noble

Gotcha. Did not read very carefully.

Just curious, why isn't the client using the RCM? RCE is not going to deliver full value without it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't have RCM. I'm not sure why. And I haven't urged them to get it before now because for various reasons, they weren't ready.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachel -

By any chance, could you send me a screenshot of a report with Inflow as the first column - with the numbers blacked out, of course? I might be able to use that to give my client a taste of the value of using RCM.

Totally understand if you don't have time for this.

Denise

Rachel_Noble

No problem! This isn't really pretty but it's one of the basic views I look at every Monday and Friday.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Rachel!