Goto webinar - one reg page two events times

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Goto webinar - one reg page two events times

Hi All

Has anyone used Marketo to invite for a webinar.  The event is available in two time zones.  Just wondered how are you setting up the marketo form to determine which event time in goto webinar the user is registering for.

Or can it not do that and I need a separate invite and form for each time zone?

thanks

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Goto webinar - one reg page two events times

Hey Mark, if this is going directly to a program that is connected using the webinar connector, I believe you will need to set up two separate programs as you cannot connect more than one webinar to a program. Another idea would be to set up a single page and have the form fillout change which webinar they're registering for. Then you can add them to that webinar program. But again, you'll need to have two separate programs for each of the timezone webinars.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Hello

Thanks for the info, I was hoping I could have an AM or PM selection in the form as I would have in the goto registration form but I'm unsure how it would map the fields.

Duplicating the campaigns is ok but id rather avoid.

thanks for your help

Mark

Emily_Thornton1
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

The way I have done this in the past is as follows:

- 1 landing page with 1 form, and a field on the form where the person can self-select which webinar event they would like to sign up for

- 2 Marketo programs, each mapping to a GTW event.

- A smart campaign that listens for form submissions, and routes the lead to the correct Marketo webinar program with a status of Registered, depending on what event they have selected on the form.

Here's another thread discussing the topic in a bit more detail: Landing page with one form for multiple webinar

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Hi All,

I have this working now but is anyone aware of a token issue. Seems there is a delay for the token for the personalized join webinar to populate.

Does anyone know how long that can take.  Usually on the register form fill out the reply goes straight back to the contact.  I guess I need to delay the registration confirmation until the tokens are ready.

I may move the join the webinar link to the pre event reminder rather than the instant confirmation.

Hows others sorting that one out?

thanks

Mark

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Mark - you definitely would want to add a wait step before the confirmation goes out.  In fact, I would set it to at least 30 minutes.  I've seen some significant delays in getting the token populated properly.  In fact, we're now sending out the confirmation emails directly from GTW.  Not ideal, but we've had better success using this approach.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Yes, I'm worrying about lots of attendees with bad links.  But I want the registration in marketo ideally.

My ICS reminder tokens are currently failing also. I'm not sure this is reliable enough for a live event.