Link to Job Opportunity: http://www.marklogic.com/company/careers/career-opportunities/#details/op7y4fwS
The Marketing Operation’s Manager is a key member of the marketing organization working to establish, manage and implement foundational processes and functionality across our Marketing Automation and CRM systems and tools.
The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of experiences: understanding of demand generation/ABM programs, data management, lead flow/lead scoring, analytics/reporting and managing/evolving the underlying tools and processes that enable key interactions with customers and prospects.
You will work with the extended marketing and sales organizations to help bring new marketing engagement experiences and ideas to life, while at the same time ensure a best in class lead management process - - acquisition of net new leads, managing them through the education lifecycle and ultimately resulting in closed business.
What will enable success in this role?
- Extensive working knowledge and experience around (1) the role Marketing Automation and CRM systems play in a business’s engagement strategy, (2) how to configure those systems to achieve key business results and (3) how to integrate with other technologies and systems.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce and Marketing Automation tools and systems, preferably Marketo. Extra consideration given to those that have worked with and configured within Marketo’s RTP and ABM Platform.
- Ability to quickly move from strategic to tactical thinking, diving into the details but, at the same time, seeing the big picture and leveraging that ability to problem solve, develop and implement solutions that address key business objectives.
- Ability to quickly learn new business applications coupled with strong attention to detail and a desire to be hands-on.
- Self-motivated, high energy, results oriented person with excellent communication skills (cross functional and level) who “owns” and takes great pride in every aspect of their work.
What will you be expected to do in this role?
Successfully manage the marketing operations strategy, architecture and technology platforms in support of lead generation, education and pipeline growth. Areas of focus include:
- Marketing Automation
- Serve as our marketing automation (Marketo) platform owner - - implementing required programs and frameworks (preference center, smart lists, Account Based Marketing Programs, Personalization, A/B testing, etc.), managing segmentation strategy and driving data completeness/profiling requirements.
- Own the integration points/plans/maintenance for systems that have data feeds/integration with Marketo. These include but are not limited to: SFDC, On24 (webcast platform), Cvent (event platform), WordPress and WP Plugins, etc.
- Build, test and evolve our lead scoring solution. Considering requirements within both Marketo and SFDC.
- Drive, develop and own frameworks associated with the campaign components within SalesForce ensuring strong integration with Marketo.
- Partner with Sales Operations and Inside Sales on lead management process, development and execution to ensure both strategies and lead definitions between Marketing and Sales are in alignment.
- Ensure marketing leads are being accepted, worked and progressed in SFDC through use of reports, dashboards and regular communication with key campaign and sales owners.
- Data Management
- Drive data standardization and normalization efforts.
- Manage/own marketing data feeds and integration points.
- Build and maintain a roadmap for data management improvements, monitoring and system evolution.
- Enable and monitor the following data based processes: preference center, lead scoring, lead status, marketing segmentation/personas, etc.
- As appropriate assist the marketing organization with the collection, calculation and reporting of Key Performance Indicators, metrics and qualitative factors that help drive more efficient and effective programs.
- Understand Google Universal Analytics and how it relates and can be leveraged for data/reporting.
- Marketing Operation Systems Ecosystem
- Recommend improvements to existing systems and evaluate new tools and technologies that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our marketing programs.
- Deliver against the needs of the wider marketing team developing and implementing key processes and functionality to support engagement needs.
- Develop and maintain process and procedure documentation and educate/train team.
- Drive best practice sharing and recommendations across team.
- Understand strategies, tactics and tools that best practice organizations use to optimize marketing performance.
- Advanced Marketo experience (Marketo RTP and ABM platform experience a plus). Marketo Admin certification/experience preferred. You will be managing/owning the platform so directly driving, developing and supporting the processes and visibility others rely on to do their jobs.
- Advanced Salesforce knowledge, including reporting, points of integration, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in the area of Marketing Operations (both marketing automation and CRM Platforms) within a B2B organization.
- 3+ years of experience in demand generation, lead nurturing and enabling marketing programs.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience working with remote and global teams across business and IT functions in a matrixed organization.
- Experience supporting a wide range of marketing tactics – from conception to execution - including but not limited to Demand Generation, Account Based Marketing, Cross-Media Communications, Web, SEO/SEM, Social Media and Events.
- Hands on experience building reports/dashboards in Marketo and SFDC to show lead profiling and engagement, education and contribution to pipeline. Excel power user. Knowledge of MS Access and other BI tools and systems a plus.
- Previous management experience.