Landing page modification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing page modification

Hi everybody, I'm an intern of my company, and so a new user of Marketo, and i would like to say that Marketo, without any formation, seems complicated.

Even if I think that i have understand the process, i would like to know if a download Template for a landing page which is already created (on the internet), could be changed if I use it like a model for my landing page, because i would like to add text in my landing page, but with the model downloaded on marketo template.

Thank you for your time,

Have a good day

1 REPLY 1
Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Re: Landing page modification

Hi Emilie,

Welcome to Marketo!

There are quite a few answers to your questions. First off there are two different types of Landing Page templates (more info here Understanding Free-form vs Guided Landing Pages - Marketo Docs - Product Docs )

1. Free-form: Have a basic code (there should be Blank free-form templates by default in your Marketo instance) where you can drag and drop elements - text, forms, images and more directly to a canvas and move them around.

2. Guided: Have a fixed code for elements of your Landing Page - To make changes here you should have some coding knowledge. You can download ready-made templates here: Guided Landing Page Templates - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

To import a ready-made template:

If you go to the Design Studio, click on Templates inside of the landing page folder

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 2.49.04 PM.png

In your view on the right, click on Import Template

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 2.50.15 PM.png

Choose the .html template file from your computer, give it a name and choose if it is a Free-Form or Guided template (the ones linked above from Marketo are Guided type)

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 2.51.20 PM.png

If you do not have any front-end coders to help with your templates you can also:

1. Embed a Marketo form to your webpage (instead of putting it on a landing page) Embed a Form on Your Website - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

2. Check out knak: knak. | Responsive Marketo & Eloqua Email and Landing Page Templates

Best of luck!

/Erik