Email marketing is an essential promotional tool for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. The Specialist, Email Marketing will manage, maintain, and accelerate the growth of results of our email channel. This position supports customer acquisition, engagement, and conversions through digital platforms.
Under the supervision of the Managing Director, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce, the Specialist, Email Marketing is responsible for managing the marketing efforts for Preferred Hotels & Resorts, with a strong emphasis on email marketing and campaign management and execution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the management, development, and reporting of triggered, lifecycle, and transactional email campaigns from strategy through execution
- Follow best practices for email marketing, staying current and adhering to international privacy and spam laws
- Champion continuous improvement of the email development and deployment process, creating efficiencies and ensuring a fluid workflow
- Optimize campaigns by using effective tactics such as dynamic content, targeting, personalization; and continually testing (A/B and multi-variate)
- Assist in customer contact strategy and management of overall email lists’ churn, and health
- Analyze and report on email campaign results and KPIs, highlighting successes, trends, opportunities, and providing recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesive marketing messages and branding across all channels in support of marketing campaigns
- Adhere to PH&R and industry best practices for email and digital communications and ensure that these practices are followed throughout the company
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Specialist, Email Marketing must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) and software applications such as customer relationship management and email deployment platforms. The Specialist, Email Marketing should be familiar with digital marketing strategies and project management fundamentals. Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills are required for this position. Must be adept at working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines. Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to analyze data, form conclusions, and develop recommendations.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in marketing
- Proven experience working with industry tools and an enterprise level ESP (like Responsys, Salesforce, ExactTarget, or Marketo)
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field of study
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS development
- Exceptional attention to detail, service-oriented, and creativity in problem-solving